In Ontario, there are significant implications when a couple (both common-law and married) separates and when a couple divorces. As more and more couples live in common-law relationships as well as the rate of divorce in this day and age, it is important to consider the following implications. Separation –…
Brittany Sud is a member of the Trust, Wills, Estates and Charities Group in Fasken Martineau’s Toronto office.
Brittany is developing a broad estates and trusts practice with a focus on planning and administration matters. As part of her practice, Brittany assists high net worth clients, entrepreneurs and professionals with Wills, powers of attorney, domestic contracts and trusts. She has experience developing and implementing cohesive estate plans that reflect the financial objectives and short and long-term goals of clients, including advising on probate planning, family business succession planning, asset protection strategies and disability planning. Brittany’s estate administration practice includes preparing applications for probate and administering the Canadian estates of non-residents.
Outside of the office, Brittany enjoys playing softball and tennis, travelling and cooking. She is a dedicated volunteer of the United Jewish Appeal, Jewish National Fund, One Family Fund and Baycrest Foundation.
• Host, Baycrest Foundation – Game Night for Baycrest, 2015
• Chair, Pitch for Israel Softball Tournament, 2014-2016
• Vice-Chair, United Jewish Appeal Young Lawyers Leadership Campaign Canvassing Team, 2016
Memberships and Affiliations
• Member, Canadian Bar Association
• Member, Ontario Bar Association – Trusts and Estates Law Section
• Member, Ontario Bar Association – Young Lawyers’ Division
• Student Member, Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP) Canada