Written on January 23, 2013 – 8:08 am | by Jasmine Sweatman
On December 6, 2012, Imagine Canada launched Grant Connect, an on-line tool connecting charities to potential funders. In Imagine Canada’s own words, “Grant Connect is the next generation of the Canadian Directory to Foundations & Corporations — an online directory and publication with a 45-year legacy in the charitable sector.”
What are the notable and innovative features of Grant Connect?
- It has a searchable database with detailed information on all Canadian grant-making foundations, corporate community investment programs, and government funding programs, not to mention information about American foundations that fund Canadian charities.
- Four (4) customizable search criteria to narrow and refine results.
- Grant program details for each selected or matched funder, including multi-year financial statements and giving history.
- Prospecting, cultivation and stewardship relation management indices and tools.
- Multiple source of data mining, including CRA’s T3010, IRS 990, annual reports as well as other 3rd party information.
- Bilingual (English and French language).
- Available via paid subscription service or free access via a multitude of libraries available throughout Canada.
Lesson Learned: As the charity sector landscape becomes more complex, the creativity and innovation of the sector increases in response to the complexity. For more information about Charity Connect go to http://grantconnect.ca.
Until next time,
Jasmine Sweatman / Sophia Dunkley